Carson Valley

The First Presidency directed a group of missionaries under the leadership of Apostle Orson Hyde to settle the Carson River Valley centered in present-day Douglas County, Nevada. Some church members already resided in the area where a trading post on the California Trail was named "Mormon Station" since 1851. In 1857, the missionaries were called back to the Great Salt Lake Valley. However, some of them remained in the Carson Valley and were among the first European Settlers there.

Read More

Sources