Organized 1 January 1938 at the dissolution of the Swiss-German and German-Austrian Missions. It was discontinued in September 1939 and reorganized in November 1946. It was renamed the North German Mission in 1957.
See All Participants of Organization
The line dividing the two German missions runs from Wismar, which is west of Rostock on the Baltic Sea, almost straight south to the city of Hof which is near the German-Czecho Slovakia boundary line.