The first Latter-Day Saints to Mexico were sent in 1875 with the newly translated Trozos Selectos del Libro de Mormon. The mission was officially organized on 16 November 1879. Missionaries left Mexico with the mission closing on 1 June 1889 due to troubles with polygamy. The Mormon Colonies in Northern Mexico (founded in 1885) remained. On 8 June 1901 the Mexican Mission was reorganized. As a result of the Mexican Revolution (1910-1917) missionary work was hampered and Latter-Day Saints, both missionaries and colonists, were evacuated in 1912. Local Mexican members remained. At the end of the war (1917) both missionaries and colonists returned.
The mission home was located at Fifth Humboldt 50, Mexico, D. F.
The mission home was located at 1-A Calzada de Santa Maria No. 23 Mexico, D. F. Mexico.
The mission home located at 3531 Fort Boul, El Paso, Texas. In 1929 it was moved to 2067 S Hobart Blvd., Los Angeles, California.