Preaching to the Maori people begins
Mission Split Begins
Though the split was not effective until 1 January 1898, efforts to divided the Australasian Mission to create the Australian and New Zealand Missions began in August 1897.
The official mission periodical, Elders' Messenger, began publication in January 1907. It carried a Maori-language supplement called Te Karere. Starting in 1908 Te Karere became its own periodical, although the two shared the same numbering.
The mission opened an agricultural college at Korongata to instruct Maori boys.
The two mission periodicals, Elders' Messenger and Te Karere, recombined under the title Te Karere.
Mission home located at 2 Scotia Place, Queen Street, Auckland, New Zealand.
Te Karere ceased publication with its June 1960 issue.