Although some missionary work had been carried out under the purview of the Oneida Stake since 1896, the Northwestern States Mission was not officially created until 26 July 1897. The headquarters were located in Portland, Oregon. In June 1898, the Montana Mission was discontinued and consolidated into the Northwestern States Mission.
The Northern States Mission headquartered in Chicago, Illinois was originally called the "Northwestern States Mission" between 6 May 1878 and 20 July 1889, before it was changed to the "Northern States Mission".
Mission home located at 267 Hancock st., Portland, Oregon.
When Nephi Pratt assumed the presidency the mission was comprised of Washington, Montana, British Columbia, and Northern Idaho, with the mission headquarters at Spokane, Washington. The mission was comprised of three conferences: Butte, Anaconda, and Eastern Washington.
Mission home located in 256 E. Main St. Portland, Oregon (1910). Moved to 810 E Madison St., Portland, Oregon in 1918.
Mission home located at 264 E 25th Street, Portland, Oregon.