Shoshone

Founded
1855 May 24
Closed
1857 September 28

Headquartered at Fort Supply, Wyoming, the Shoshone Mission was created to maintain the fort as a way point for Saints crossing the plains and to teach the Shoshone and other local American Indians. The mission closed in 1857 due to the arrival of Johnston's Army.

Read More

See All Participants of Organization

All Missions

James Stephens Brown Called as President

1855 April–1857 October See Missionaries

Mission Founded

1855 May 24

Mission Closed

1857 September 28
Media
Shoshone (1855 - 1857) Profile

Sources