Organized 11 January 1931 from a division of the Central States Mission. Renamed to Texas-Louisiana Mission in 1945, to Gulf States Mission in 1955, to Louisiana Shreveport Mission in 1974, and to Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission in 1975.
A new Texas Mission was organized from the Gulf States Mission in 1961.
The Texas Mission was organized on 11 January 1931 from a division of the Central States Mission. Charles Elliot Rowan Jr. was appointed as the first mission president. The mission covered the states of Texas and Louisiana. Mission headquarters was located in Houston, first at 902 Kipling Street, then from 17 August at 901 Kipling Street. It moved in 1937 to 3717 Montrose Blvd., Houston, Texas.
On 1 May 1945 the mission was renamed the Texas-Louisiana Mission to better reflect the area actually covered by the mission.
The mission was renamed to the Gulf States Mission on 19 June 1955.
On 16 February 1961 a new Texas Mission was organized from the Gulf States Mission with Ralph J. Hill as first mission president. It was headquartered in Houston and then moved in 1964 to 13959 Payton Dr., Richardson, Texas.