Organized 11 January 1931 from a division of the Central States Mission. Renamed to Texas-Louisiana Mission in 1945, to Gulf States Mission in 1955, to Louisiana Shreveport Mission in 1974, and to Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission in 1975.
A new Texas Mission was organized from the Gulf States Mission in 1961.
Mission headquarters was located in Houston, first at 902 Kipling Street, then at 901 Kipling Street.
The mission was renamed the Texas-Louisiana Mission to better reflect the area actually covered by the mission.
The mission was renamed to the Gulf States Mission.
A new Texas mission was organized from the Gulf States Mission with Ralph J. Hill as first mission president. It was headquartered in Houston.
Mission headquarters moved to 13959 Payton Dr., Richardson, Texas.