Organized 15 December 1896 as the Colorado Mission. The name changed to the Western States Mission on 1 April 1907.
Nebraska, North and South Dakota were transferred to the Colorado Mission.
Mission Name Change
Due to the mission expanding well beyond the borders of the state of Colorado, the mission was renamed the Western States Mission.
The mission home moved from 622 W Sixth Street, Denver, Colorado, to 242 Broadway, Denver, Colorado.
The mission home was moved to 538 East Seventh Ave., Denver, Colorado.
At a conference held in Minneapolis the North Central States Mission is established. The states of North and South Dakota were removed from the Western States Mission to the North Central States Mission with the exception of South Dakota's Black Hills region.
The mission was comprised of parts of the states of Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, New Mexico, South Dakota, and Wyoming.