Transcript for Bjerregaard, Anna Maria, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 5:64, 66
10. We landed in New York, in what was called the Castle Garden.
11. When did it leave for Utah?
11. Some time in May, in the year 1862.
12. Who was the leader of your company or train?
12. Our Captain, on the ocean was a man by the name of Hansen, and on our trip across the plains a man by the name of Murdock was in charge of the ox train, or company.
13. Method of travel (handcart, ox team, mule team, horseback, etc.)
13. We came by way of Ox team and we had wooden shoes and I walked all the way. I many times wished that I was back in my native land, as it was real hard going.
21. Do you recall seeing any buffalo or hunting any wild game? If so, tell about some incident.
21. We did not see any on our trip across the plains.