Transcript for Groneman, Thomas C., [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 11:178, 180
10. I am not sure but think it was Omaha, Neb.
11. When did it leave for Utah?
11. I have no knowledge.
12. What was the place of your destination in Utah? Why did you come to Utah?
12. No particular destination in Utah, but we came to Provo a few days after reaching Salt Lake City, Utah.
13. When did you arrive there?
13. October 7, 1864.
14. Who was the leader of your company or train?
14. John Smith.
15. Method of travel (handcart, ox team, mule team, horseback, etc.).
15. Mule Team.
34. Tell about coming to your state in a covered wagon.
34. Coming to Utah we had a covered wagon, drawn by a team of mules. Father [George Ludvig Groneman] was a very good shot with a rifle, he having fought in the war of 1848 and learned to be what they call a sharp shooter. He used to go out and kill game for our company. I never heard that he killed any buffalo, but have heard him say that he killed many deer, rabbits and antelope while traveling to Utah.