Transcript for Johnson, John, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 16:39-40
9. At what place did you join the company or wagon train with which you came to Utah?
9. The emigrants were organized into two companies. They pitched their tents and remained at this place until the grass could grow sufficiently on the plains to give forage for their cattle and other livestock during their journey to Utah.
10. When did it leave for Utah?
10. The company started its long journey across the plains in May, 1855.
11. When did you arrive there?
11. The company arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah, October 4, 1855.
12. Who was the leader of your company or train?
12. Eric Hogan [w]as Captain.
13. Method of travel (handcart, ox team, mule team, horseback, etc.)
13. Method of Travel (ox team). Only an average of seven to ten miles a day could be made.