Henry John Doremus
- 1856–June 1858
- Age Called: Unknown
- Departed From Home: 1856
- Arrived At Home: 21 June 1858
- Mission type: Proselytizing
- Marital Status: Married
- Priesthood office: High Priest
- Called From: Great Salt Lake City, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory, United States
- Notes: Mission information: Journal history of the Church 1896-2001 Apr 22, 1856. Marital status: FamilySearch KWVG-S8J LR 1140 2 Image 47 Arrival at England: 5 August 1856 Departure: 19 February 1858 Priesthood: High Priest
Stories and Documents
Ordained a High Priest April 6, 1844 in New York by Reynolds Cahoon and W. W. Major. Confirms parents' given names: John and Adaline. Born June 4, 1801 in Bugler? Co, New Jersey.Enrolled in HP Quorum, SLC: 5 Feb 1851Source: HP Qrm Rec, organized 23 Apr 1848, SLC, Utah, LDS Arc
Born June 4, 1801 in Saddle River, Bergen, New Jersey
Says that a company of missionaries left for the East.
LR 1140 2 Image 54Arrival at England: 2 August 1856Departure: 19 February 1858Priesthood: High Priest
Edward Hunter/Jacob Foutz Company, Departed 19 Jun 1847; Arrived 1 Oct 1847John W. Berry Company, Departed 10 May 1858; Arrived 21 June 1858 - This journey was at the end of his mission to England.
Alternate Place of Birth: Goffle, Bergen, New JerseyAdds John Leach as the person who baptized him.Middle Initial often stated as "I" rather than "J" or John.
From Diary of Henry Doremus for 1856: Assigned to Cheltenham, England