Knowlton F. Hanks
- June 1843–November 1843
- Age Called: 27
- Departed From Home: 1 June 1843
- End Date: 3 November 1843
- Mission type: Proselytizing
- Marital Status: Single
- Priesthood office: Elder
- Called From: Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois, United States
- Set apart by: Brigham Young
- Notes: Died and buried at sea while traveling to his mission. He was the first Latter-day Saint missionary to die at sea.
Stories and Documents
Addison Pratt, Noah Rogers, Benjamin Grouard, and Knowlton F Hanks were called to go on missions to the Pacific Isles.
Elder Knowlton F Hanks died this day at sea.
Addison Pratt tells of the last months of Elder Hanks' life.
Rogers describes the passing of Elder Hanks in his journal.