William Holmes Walker
- August 1852–November 1855
- Age Called: 32
- Cape Town, Mowbray, Wyneberg, Newland, Grahamstown, Fort Beaufort, Alice, Uitenhage, and Port Elizabeth
- Called: 28 August 1852
- Arrived In Field: 19 April 1853
- Departed From Field: 28 November 1855
- Arrived At Home: 4 September 1857
- Mission type: Proselytizing
- Marital Status: Plurally Married
- Priesthood office: Seventy
- Called From: Utah Territory, United States
Stories and Documents
During a special conference held 28 August 1852, he was called on a mission to the Cape of Good Hope.
Gives account of his experiences as one of the first three missionaries to South Africa.
Gives account of his missionary labors in South Africa, particularly in Grahamstown, Fort Beaufort, Alice, Uitenhage, and Port Elizabeth.
Notes his arrivel in Liverpool en route to South Africa.
See the index in volume 1 part 1 for entries on his service.
Letter reporting on conditions in the South African Mission. Makes mention of him multipe times.
He led a company as he returned from his mission in 1857.
Published typescript of his autobiography, which discusses his missionary service.