Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints first came to California when the Brooklyn arrived in July 1846. Missionary work occurred in the state off-and-on for decades and an official mission was finally organized in August 1892.
Chronological history of the mission containing information about missionaries, members, and units, compiled from mission reports, journals, news articles, and other documents.
Published from 1921 to 1973, it was the official newsletter for the mission.
Printed at Independence, Missouri, as the periodical for the United States missions of the Church. It was a combination of The Liahona of the Central States Mission and The Elders’ Journal of the Southern States Mission. Liahona, the Elders’ Journal was published from 22 June 1907 to 27 February 1945. It contains information about arrivals, transfers, and releases of missionaries, as well as a number of mission photographs.
Contains copies of correspondence from the mission President, Joseph Robinson, to general church authorities and various local church leaders and members in the mission.