Northwestern States Mission
Although some missionary work had been carried out under the purview of the Oneida Stake since 1896, the Northwestern States Mission was not officially created until 26 July 1897. The headquarters were located in Portland, Oregon. In June 1898, the Montana Mission was discontinued and consolidated into the Northwestern States Mission.
The Northern States Mission headquartered in Chicago, Illinois was originally called the "Northwestern States Mission" between 6 May 1878 and 20 July 1889, before it was changed to the "Northern States Mission".
Chronological history of the mission containing information about missionaries, members, and units, compiled from mission reports, journals, news articles, and other documents.