Levi Allred Company (1851)
- Independent Train
- Departed From
- Levi Allred
- Number In Company
In September 1884 the friends of "Abigal Allred" gave her a surprise eightieth birthday party. In reporting about the event the Salt Lake Herald newspaper on 13 September 1884, 8 supplied the name of Abigail's husband (Levi Allred) as well as the year of her arrival in Utah (1851). The obituary of the Allred's daughter-in-law (Leona Elizabeth Burton Allred) says she married on the plains in 1851 ("Veteran Pioneer Summoned," Deseret News, 17 February 1909. 3). The Journal History of the Church on 19 August 1851, 1, 2 includes an article stating that Andrew J. Langley and six others arrived in Kanesville, Iowa from the Great Salt Lake Valley and reported passing several west-bound emigrant trains including the company of "Father Allred." (See also "From Salt Lake and the Plains," Frontier Guardian newspaper 22 August 1851, 2.) The Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishop's Reports, Great Salt Lake City, December 28th, A. D. 1852 lists Levi Allred and his son William as residents of Pleasant Grove. Levi and his family were all in Pleasant Grove in the 1856 Utah Territorial census.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- "A Pleasant Surprise," Salt Lake Herald, 13 September 1884, 8.
- "Beaver: Veteran Pioneer Summoned; Mrs. Leonia Allred Lays Down Life's Burdens at 73," Deseret Evening News, 17 February 1909, 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 19 August 1851, 1-2.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- "Still Later from Salt Lake and the Plains," Frontier Guardian, 22 Aug. 1851, 2.
|Allred, Abigail||47||11 September 1804||1887|
|Allred, Elizabeth Catherine||18||6 March 1833||6 April 1909|
|Allred, Leona Elizabeth||18||3 December 1833||10 February 1909|
|Allred, Levi||51||16 December 1800||1870|
|Allred, Mary Ann||15||27 May 1836||20 October 1914|
|Allred, William Jackson||24||27 January 1827||23 March 1895|
|Thompson, Achsah Melissa||27||6 October 1824||28 September 1900|
|Thompson, Hyrum Lucullus||5||21 October 1846||7 September 1921|
|Thompson, Julia||2||8 July 1849||16 January 1884|