- Birth Date
- 23 February 1823
- Death Date
- 23 September 1885
Leonard Smith Conger
According to the 1860 federal census, Leonard was born in New York. An article in the Improvement Era says that he was the first man to carry the United States mail from Salt Lake City, Utah to San Bernardino, California over the Old Spanish Trail beginning in 1851 so the first time he arrived in Utah must have been before then. He married at Salt Lake in July 1855. He is buried at St. George, Utah.
- Age at Departure: 32
- 1860 Utah census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- Directory of Individuals Residing in Salt Lake City Wards, 1854-1861 , Bountiful, UT.: Accelerated Indexing Systems, 1982 (Early Mormon Series), vol. 1.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Johnson, Benjamin F., "My Life's Review," 192-96.
- "Leonard S. Conger," The Improvement Era, vol. 26, p. 778-79.
- U. S., Cemetery Index from Selected States, 1847-2010.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory