- Birth Date
- 17 August 1833
- Death Date
- 2 December 1870
Richard Perry Soper
Richard initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the James McGaw Company in 1852. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
Richard is listed in Rosel Hyde's journal and in the 1863 freight manifest as an out-and-back teamster in the 1863 Rosel Hyde company.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 23
- Age at Departure: 29
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- “Freight manifests, 1863-1864.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Freight manifests, 1861-1868.
- James McGaw Emigrating Company Journal in 11th Company of 50 record, 1852 June 17-September 20 in Reports, 1850-1852 in Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- "Local and Other Matters," Deseret News [Weekly], 7 Dec. 1870, 516.
- Powell, Delna Swapp, Eleventh Pioneer Emigration Company 1852 , , p. 92
- Rosel Hyde journal, 1863-1865, 1-45, 94-103.