- Birth Date
- 15 March 1843
- Death Date
- 29 March 1904
Sarah Jane Taylor
In the 1850 federal census of Pottawattamie County, Iowa Sarah appears with her grandparents Jonathan and Sarah Harvey [surname spelled "Harvy" in the census] along with her mother Cecelia Taylor (given name spelled "Selia" in the census) and her younger brother Lorenzo. Her grandfather's obituary (a copy of which is found with his Find A Grave memorial,) says he moved his family to Pleasant Grove, Utah in 1852. At the time of the 1856 Utah Territorial census grandfather Harvey was still in Pleasant Grove as was a Sarah J. Harvey [probably Sarah J. Taylor.] In the 1860 federal census of Utah Sarah appears as "Jane Parks" in the household of her husband Samuel "Parks" at "Battle Creek" an early name for Pleasant Grove.
- Age at Departure: 9
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1856 Utah census, Utah County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- James McGaw Emigrating Company Journal in 11th Company of 50 record, 1852 June 17-September 20 in Reports, 1850-1852 in Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Powell, Delna Swapp, Eleventh Pioneer Emigration Company 1852 , , p. 101
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.