- Birth Date
- 24 March 1834
- Death Date
- 30 July 1903
Lewis came to Utah between 1856 and 1864. He likely came in 1856, the year he sailed to America. But the first documentation to place him in Utah are church ordinances performed in February 1865 which was prior to the arrival of that season's emigration. Further research is needed to narrow the year of his travel.
- Age at Departure: 12
- Age at Departure: 30
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- "Captain William B. Preston, memorandum book, 1864," Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains' accounts 1862-1868.
- Captain William B. Preston Company (first ox train), manifests, 1864.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- “Freight Manifests, 1864, 1868.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Freight manifests, 1861-1868, p. 12-31. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 4)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.