- Birth Date
- 30 March 1797
- Death Date
- 25 December 1873
William Buckminster Lindsay Sr.
In 1850 William and his family were living in Pottawattamie County, Iowa; their surname was spelled "Linzy" in the federal census of this year. William crossed the plains with a wife and 2 children. At the time of the 1856 Utah Territorial Census, he lived in Davis County and paid tithing at Kay's Ward (modern Kaysville).
- Age at Departure: 55
- "14th Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1856 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Dickson, Albert Douglas, Reminiscence [ca. 1911], 2-5.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 94.