- Birth Date
- 12 April 1811
- Death Date
- 8 February 1872
Ralph, his wife Ann, children Mary, Ann and Margaret sailed to America in 1840 on the ship North America. His wife Ann and daughter Mary died before he traveled to Utah.
The Walker Company roster in the 1852 Deseret News said that he came with his wife and two children. As his wife died in Missouri they might have mistaken one of the children as his wife since both of their names was Ann.
Ralph's name first appears on the the Utah Territorial Militia records beginning in July 1853 and he was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 10 October 1853. At the time of the 1856 Territorial Census he and his family were living in the Salt Lake 7th Ward.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Head of Household
- "14th Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 91.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Presiding Bishopric immigrant location committee minutes, 1852 September 20-October 13.
- Seventh Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.