- Birth Date
- 5 April 1794
- Death Date
- 5 February 1881
John Jacob Baum Jr.
Evidence from census, church (Perpetual Emigrating Fund), and genealogical records proves the Baum family traveled to Utah in 1852; they were on the 1850 Iowa Census and a daughter got married in Utah January 1853. Jacob's given name is listed incorrectly as "Joel" on the roster.
- Age at Departure: 58
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- "1st Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- "1st Company of 50 reports, 1852." In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 6)
- "21st Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- Bay, James W., Letter, in Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 4 Aug. 1852, 1-2.
- Bay, James Willard, Diaries, 1850-1853, vol. 2.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 5.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.