- Birth Date
- 10 March 1821
- Death Date
- 26 November 1894
John Sincere Carpenter
John was born in Bavaria. He appears on the records of the Salt Lake City Public Works on 23 September 1852 and he was re-baptized 16 October 1852 in the Salt Lake 9th Ward. At the time of the 1852 Bishop's Report he was living in the Salt Lake 14th Ward. He married Anna Catherine Wehrli at Mill Creek on 23 December 1855 and was still in Mill Creek at the time of the 1856 Utah Territorial census. At the October 1855 General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints he was sustained as a counselor in the Deacons Quorum presidency of the Salt Lake Stake; in 1860 he became Quorum President a position he occupied at least until the April 1865 General Conference. According to his son (John W. Carpenter) the family removed to Kamas, Summit County, Utah in 1866. Here John Sr. affiliated with the Wanship Branch of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Age at Departure: 31
- "1st Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- "1st Company of 50 reports, 1852." In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 6)
- Black, Susan Easton, Early Members of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 2:71.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Watt, Ronald G., Public Works Accounts Books Index , .