- Birth Date
- 1 May 1841
- Death Date
- 23 May 1914
Sarah Matilda Farr
She went by Matilda. Her mother wanted her to get to Zion as soon as she could. She accomplished this by helping a blind woman cross the plains. She married Walter T. Barney in 1858. Census information contains her married name. Her birth dates are confirmed by her death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 11
- 1870 Utah Census, Millard County.
- "1st Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 1st Company of 50 reports, 1852, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Arizona Deaths, 1870-1951.
- Bay, James Willard, Diaries, 1850-1853, vol. 2.
- Bay, James Willard. Journal, 1850 July-1858 Apr., 163-75.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 1.
- Wilson, Trelva, and Phyllis Hancock. Out of the Years. [Arizona]: Mrs. W.A. Lines, 1952.