- Birth Date
- 13 September 1823
- Death Date
- 4 January 1886
William came to Utah with his wife and mother-in-law, Mary Gorrill Walker.
He was living in the Salt Lake City 14th Ward when he paid tithing in 1855 and 1866, and at the time of the 1856 Utah census.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah Census.
- "1st Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- "Death of William Jennings," Deseret News, 20 January 1886, 9.
- Eldredge, Jane Jennings, [Reminiscences], in Jane Jennings Eldredge, "Records and Historical Sketches of Residents of Davis County, Utah," 9 vols. (1916), 5:30.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- Jenson, Andrew, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 2:500.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 4.
- Orson F. Whitey, History of Utah: in Four Volumes, Volume 4 (Salt Lake City, Utah: George Q. Cannon & Sons Co., Publishers, 1904), 243.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Watt, Ronald G., Consecration Deeds Index, 1854-1868.