- Birth Date
- 31 March 1821
- Death Date
- 27 January 1879
Commodore Perry Liston
His birth date is confirmed by the missionary register.
In the spring of 1852, Commodore Perry with his wife Elizabeth Reeves, and children William Albert, Rufus Benson, and Perry Martindale traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the John S. Higbee/James W. Bay Company. He was captain of the guard. They also traveled with Laura Farnsworth, and her son William Martindale Frampton. Laura would later become his second wife.
In 1866, Commodore Perry was called on a mission to Europe. A couple of years later he was released and on his return home he helped 682 Saints make the trip also. He traveled home with the John Gillespie Company in 1868.
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 47
- Returning Missionary
- "1st Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 1st Company of 50 reports, 1852, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Bay, James Willard. Journal, 1850 July-1858 Apr., 163-75.
- Captain John Gillespie, memorandum book (2), 1868.
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 3,
- Liston, Commodore Perry, Autobiographical sketch, in St. George Stake, High Priest Quorum Genealogical Records, 1872-1906, reel 6039, 16, in Record of Members Collection 1836-1970.
- Liston, Commodore Perry, Autobiography, 1877, 3, MSS SC 3109.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.