- Birth Date
- 19 December 1815
- Death Date
- 31 October 1873
Twin brother of William Leany (each of them spelled their surname in a different way.) Some sources give Isaac's birth date as 19 December 1814 but if he was the twin of William he must have been born in 1815. (See sources for William.)
Isaac initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Edward Hunter/Jacob Foutz Company in 1847 as indicated in Isaac Laney’s autobiographical sketch. He was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 29 April 1849.
At the end of a mission, he traveled home in the Chester Loveland Company in 1868 as indicated in a Deseret Evening News article on 20 Aug 1868.
In the 1850 Utah census Isaac's surname is spelled "Leany" but various sources spell it "Laney." The 1850 census index spells the family surname "Leavey" and "Leavy."
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 52
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 5 Nov. 1873, 640.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Isaac Laney autobiographical sketch in 9th Quorum biographies, 1844-1873 in Seventies Quorum records, 1844-1975.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 23.
- "Local and Other Matters: Elders Arrived," Deseret Evening News, 20 August 1868, 3.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "More Trains In," Deseret Evening News, 20 Aug. 1868, 3
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.