- Birth Date
- 31 January 1829
- Death Date
- 7 November 1915
John Lowry Jr.
Captain of Ten. His travel is also mentioned in his sister's obituary.
His obituary states that he came to Utah in 1847 with John Taylor's Company. He actually traveled to Utah in 1847 with the Edward Hunter - Jacob Foutz Company, and was the "Captain of the 5th Ten" in that company.
He was rebaptized on 23 July 1854 while living in the Manti, Utah ward.
- Age at Departure: 18
- “Dies in Salt Lake City,” The Sun, 12 November 1915, 5
- Edward Hunter and Jacob Foutz letter to Brigham Young in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 17 August 1847, 5-6.
- Edwin Pettit, Biography of Edwin Pettit, 1834-1912 (Salt Lake City: The Arrow Press), 9-10.
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 26.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 146
- Manti Ward, Record of Members. CR 375 8, Reel 3954.
- "Mrs. M. A. Peacock Dead," Herald-Republican, 20 Apr. 1910, 3.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.