- Birth Date
- 10 August 1810
- Death Date
- 1 June 1888
George's travel to Utah in 1852 is confirmed by the obituary of his daughter Sarah.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- "5th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 5th Company of 50 report, 1852 September 14, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Council Point Emigrating Company journal, 1851 November-1852 September.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 876.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913).
- George K. Bowering journal, 1842 July-1875 January, 79-118.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 29.
"Mrs. Sarah J. F. Blair is Dead," The Tri-Weekly Journal, 20 January 1910, 7.