- Birth Date
- 10 February 1822
- Death Date
- 12 April 1878
Jeremiah Leavitt Sr.
His mother and siblings traveled to the Valley two years before. His brothers, Thomas and Dudley, (as indicated by the Bowering journal), came out from Salt Lake to meet Jeremiah and his family.
The emigrating journal includes a list of individuals who assisted the needy in their trip across the plains. An entry for Jeremiah says: "Jeremiah Leveitt, Brought Sarah Parks aged 12 or 13, found provisions & Hauled her 25 lbs of freight".
The emigrating journal indicates there were 7 in Jeremiah's traveling group. Journal History indicates 8. The extra individual is probably Sarah.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- "5th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- “5th Company of 50 Report, 1852 September 14.” In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5. Box 1, Folder 10)
- Council Point Emigrating Company journal, 1851 November-1852 September.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George K. Bowering journal, 1842 July-1875 January, 79-118.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 31.