- Birth Date
- 25 December 1826
- Death Date
- 26 December 1899
Richard Alvin Lowe
Non-Mormon; teamster; with 2 people. Richard was born in Nottinghamshire, England. He was baptized at Salt Lake City on 23 April 1853. At the time of the 1856 Utah Territorial census he was living in the Salt Lake 15th Ward. His name first appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia in 1857.
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- 1860 United States Census
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- "5th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- “5th Company of 50 Report, 1852 September 14.” In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5. Box 1, Folder 10)
- Council Point Emigrating Company journal, 1851 November-1852 September.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913).
- George K. Bowering journal, 1842 July-1875 January, 79-118.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 26.
- "Richard Lowe," Springville Independent, 28 December 1899, 2.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.