- Birth Date
- 5 January 1788
- Death Date
- 31 August 1860
John initially traveled across the plains in 1847, helping his 77 year-old mother, Abigal, and his brother Samuel and family. He returned to Iowa, and helped his sister Martha Knight, and family, come west in 1850. His brother Reuben and a nephew, Oliver, were also with him.
In the 1850 census, he appears living next to or with his nephews Harlem and Oliver McBride.
- Age at Departure: 59
- Age at Departure: 62
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Edward Hunter and Jacob Foutz letter to Brigham Young in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 17 August 1847, 5-6.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 25.
- Warren Foote Emigrating Company Journal, 1850 June-September.
- Warren Foote autobiography and journals, 1837-1903, vol. 1, 110-26.