- Birth Date
- 7 October 1825
- Death Date
- 2 February 1901
William McKee of Pennsylvania initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the John Tidwell Company in 1852 with a family of 10. It is likely that among this group were his wife and sister, Lettie. Further research is needed to identify the other individuals in his traveling group.
A few years later, William is seen on the trail again when he participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 31
- "5th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- “5th Company of 50 Report, 1852 September 14.” In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5. Box 1, Folder 10)
- Council Point Emigrating Company journal, 1851 November-1852 September.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George K. Bowering journal, 1842 July-1875 January, 79-118.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement to 31 December 1852, 33.
- McKee, William, Life History of William McKee Sr., 6-8, AC901 .A1a no.4344.