- Birth Date
- 26 October 1830
- Death Date
- 2 June 1867
John Wesley Vance
The roster indicates he was traveling in a family of seven. That group of seven consisted of himself, his father, his four orphaned nieces, and young Hiram Booth, age 10. "J. W." was re-baptized 2 November 1851 at Salt Lake City.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Head of Household
- "5th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 5th Company of 50 report, 1852 September 14.
- Council Point Emigrating Company journal, 1851 November-1852 September.
- Find a Grave
- George K. Bowering journal, 1842 July-1875 January, 79-118.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 28.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.