- Birth Date
- 8 November 1842
- Death Date
- 4 December 1890
He sailed to America in 1848 on the ship Sailor Prince.
William Whiltshire, George's father, died in 1850. George crossed the plains in 1852 with his mother and siblings.
Surname is spelled "Wilshire" on the ship passenger list and the McArthur roster, "Wilcher" on 1850 Iowa census, "Wilkshire" on company roster, "Willsher" on the 1860 census, and "Wiltshire" on the 1870 census.
In 1868, George was a teamster out of Beaver, Utah.
- Age at Departure: 9
- Age at Departure: 25
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1850 Iowa Census
- 1860 Utah Census, Beaver County.
- 1870 Utah Census, Beaver County.
- 5th Company of 50 report, 1852 September 14.
- “Captain D. D. McArthur memorandum book, 1868.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Nauvoo Temple, Sealings and Adoptions of the Living, 1846-1857.
- Council Point Emigrating Company journal, 1851 November-1852 September.
- Dalton, Francis Harriet Wiltshire, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake , 26 vols., 11:105.
- New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1963.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.