- Birth Date
- 16 March 1828
- Death Date
- 13 December 1887
William Kilshaw Barton
Company records list William Barton as head of household and indicates his traveling group consisted of three adults and one child. The other members of the group were his wife, son, and his wife's brother, George Hewitt. William served as captain of the 5th Ten until discord in the company caused his family to break off from the group and travel on their own for the duration of the journey.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- "4th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- "4th Company of 50 reports, 1852." In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852.
- Barton, William Kilshaw, "Copy of Diary and Missionary Journal of William Kilshaw Barton, Pioneer of 1852, 1828-1887," 5.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 23.