- Birth Date
- 8 March 1851
- Death Date
Sarah Jane Colvin
Her father Orlin's name appears on the company records as head of household. However, the notation indicating that his traveling group consisted of three adults and three children infers that his wife and children were traveling with him.
Mary Jane Bethers remembers a young girl dying. In one reminiscence she states it was the three year old, only child of Mr. and Mrs. Calvin. In another it specifies the name of the parents as as Mr. and Mrs. Calvin Gates. It is possible Mary Jane is remembering the death of little Sarah Colvin, however, Sarah was not an only child, and she was not three years old at the time of travel.
- Age at Departure: 1
- Died en Route
- "4th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 4th Company of 50 reports, 1852.
- Colvin, James Filo, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake, 26 vols., 1:48.
- Mary Jane Bethers York, Autobiographical sketch, reel 14, box 20, fd. 4, item 4, 1-2.
- "Nancy Elizabeth Bethers Smith," The Work Progress Administration (Utah Section) Biographical sketches, ca. 1930-1940.