- Birth Date
- 2 September 1814
- Death Date
- 6 January 1893
The company roster indicates Thomas was traveling in a group of four adults and two children. We know three of those individuals were himself, his wife, and an orphan boy, James Meredith, whom they had taken in. It is very likely that the other three individuals were Ann Williams Rogers and her two daughters. His reminiscence indicates a widow helped purchase a wagon for his teams to pull in exchange for being able to travel with them. Family histories for Ann's step-daughter confirm this. The Rogers' reminiscence also confirms that they were traveling in the same group of Ten (captained by Daniel Page) as the Day family.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- "4th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- "4th Company of 50 reports, 1852." In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852.
- Day, Thomas, Reminiscences, 32-33.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 21.