- Birth Date
- 10 January 1797
- Death Date
- 10 April 1883
John Ormond Sr.
Company records indicate that John's traveling group consisted of three adults and three children. His son's autobiography infers that two of them were his sisters, Mary and Elizabeth. Mary was but she would have had her son and step-daughter with her as well. Further research is needed to identify the other individuals traveling with him. Further research is needed to identify who the third adult was.
The Ormond family sailed to America in 1849 on the ship Hartley.
- Age at Departure: 55
- Head of Household
- "4th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 4th Company of 50 reports, 1852.
- "Died," Deseret News, 9 May 1883, 256.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 24.
- Morris, Mary Ormond, Reminiscences, in John Morris, Diary  Dec-1850 Sep.
- Ormond, John. A Short Sketch of My Life.