- Birth Date
- 11 July 1800
- Death Date
- 17 August 1881
Daniel Page Sr.
Three Page siblings, Ruth, Daniel, and Joseph traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Harmon Cutler Company in 1852. Ruth made arrangements with William Wallace Raymond to do the washing, ironing, and cooking for six people, and to nurse his wife, Almira Cutler Raymond, who was pregnant, along the way. Daniel was Clerk of the company.
According to Ruth’s journal, their parents, Daniel and Mary Socwell, and their siblings Jonathan Socwell, Mary Ellen, Lorana, and Jeremiah Day traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with a company just ahead of them. Company records confirm this to be the Joseph Outhouse Company. Daniel was the second Captain of Ten. About three weeks into the journey, the company experienced some discord and split. Daniel Page let his little group of ten wagons the rest of the way to the Valley.
- Age at Departure: 51
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- "4th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 4th Company of 50 reports, 1852.
- Gardner, Nathan Hale, [Biographical sketch of Ann Rogers Snow] 1978, 10-11.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 20.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.