- Birth Date
- 3 April 1823
- Death Date
- 16 October 1915
Philip De La Mare
Philip and his family traveled to America in 1852 on the ship Kennebec.
The De La Mare family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Philip De La Mare Company in 1852. The family consisted of Philip, and his first wife, Mary Ann Parkin, their two children, Philip Francis and Theophilus, and his second wife, Marie Chevalier. Philip was the Captain of the company.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Tooele County.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- "Death of Bishop Elias Morris," The Deseret Weekly , 26 Mar. 1898, 450-51.
- Dunn, Alex F., Life of Philip De La Mare, 2-5.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Gowans, Alice, [Interview], in Leon R. Hartshorn, "Philip De La Mare, Industrialist for the Saints" [M.A. Thesis, Brigham Young University, 1959], 37-41.
- Morris, Elias. Biographical Sketch of Elias Morris.
- Phillip De La Mare, Deseret Manufacturing Company, 1908, 6-7.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Early Mormon Missionary Database
- Utah Death Certificates.