- Birth Date
- 1 October 1821
- Death Date
- 5 February 1908
Clarissa Jane Seely
Clarissa Jane Wilcox
The Seely family initially arrived in Utah in 1847, and then in 1851 were sent to San Bernardino, California. In 1857 they were called back to Utah because of the threat of Johnston's Army and arrived in Utah in 1858. They settled in Mt. Pleasant, Utah in 1859. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company they traveled with. In some sources their surname is spelled "Seeley."The newspaper article below confirms the family's arrival in Utah.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Age at Departure: 36
- 1860 Utah Census.
- "Death of Mrs. Clarissa J. Seely, Veteran of Missouri and Illinois," Deseret Eening News , 8 Feb. 1908, 8.
- Edwin Pettit, Biography of Edwin Pettit, 1834-1912 (Salt Lake City: The Arrow Press), 9-10.
- Find a Grave
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 27.
- "Mrs. Oman, Mount Pleasant, Celebrates Anniversary," Salt Lake Telegram , 18 June 1931, 3.