- Birth Date
- 12 October 1819
- Death Date
- 24 May 1892
In the 1850 Utah census, taken in early 1851, David was with the Charles C. Rich Company en route to southern California. In some sources the family's surname is spelled "Seeley."
Edwin Pettit is his wife's brother.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Autobiographical sketch of David Seely, circa 1885.
- Edward Hunter and Jacob Foutz letter to Brigham Young in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 17 August 1847, 5-6.
- Edwin Pettit, Biography of Edwin Pettit, 1834-1912 (Salt Lake City: The Arrow Press), 9-10.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 27.
- Nauvoo Community Project