- Birth Date
- 18 June 1819
- Death Date
- 17 December 1867
Caleb Gibbons Edwards
The Edwards family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Robert Wimmer Company in 1852. The family consisted of Caleb Gibbons, his wife, Cynthia Shephard, and their children, Jane Ellettice, Lorenzo, and Caleb Elisha.
Also traveling in the Robert Wimmer Company was Caleb's brother, Elisha and his current wife, Jane Gould, and Elisha's children, Edward Erwin, James Peas, Harrison Martin, and Mariah. Jane Gould died en route.
Elisha's eldest son, Elisha Franklin, initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Heber C. Kimball Company in 1848.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- "15th Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 September 1852, 2.
- "15th Company of 50 report, 1852 June 23" In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (MS 1234 5, Box 1, Fd. 18)
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Andrew Jenson, "Chase, John Darwin," "Edwards, Caleb Gibbons," "Everett, Elijah," "Kofoed, Paul Ernst," and "Lowry, John," Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia, Volume 4 (Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson History Company, 1971), 623.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 98.
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).