- Birth Date
- 13 December 1806
- Death Date
- 6 March 1878
The Edwards family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Robert Wimmer Company in 1852. The family consisted of Elisha and his current wife, Jane Gould, and Elisha's children, Edward Erwin, James Peas, and Harrison Martin. Jane Gould died en route.
Also traveling in the Robert Wimmer Company was Elisha’s brother, Caleb Gibbons, his wife, Cynthia Shepahrd, and their children, Jane Ellettice and Caleb Elisha.
Elisha's eldest son, Elisha Franklin, initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Heber C. Kimball Company in 1848.
At the end of a mission, Elisha traveled home with the Philemon C. Merrill Company in 1856, as captain of a division, according to Samuel Amos Woolley’s diary.
- Age at Departure: 45
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 49
- "15th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 15th Company of 50 report, 1852 June 23.
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- "Died," Deseret News, 17 April 1878, 176.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 176.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 98.
- Presiding Bishopric immigrant location committee minutes, 1852 September 20-October 13.
- Samuel A. Woolley papers, 1846-1899, Volume 6, 213-44 and Volume 7, 1-15.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.