- Birth Date
- 5 November 1818
- Death Date
- 8 December 1885
Roswell Chapin Ferre
Immigrant Location records prove that the Ferre family came to Utah in 1852. It is likely that his orphaned nephew John Henry Houghton traveled with this family. A biography of John Henry, written by his daughter, provides evidence for this claim. Roswell's name is written as "P.O. Ferre" on the company roster.
Birth date confirmed by Utah Stake City Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 13 August 1854.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- "15th Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 September 1852, 2.
- "15th Company of 50 report, 1852 June 23" In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (MS 1234 5, Box 1, Fd. 18)
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Iowa, County Marriages, 1838-1934
- "John Henry Houghton," in Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 99.
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah Stake City Branch, Record of Members.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.