- Birth Date
- 15 November 1831
- Death Date
- 27 February 1921
Rachel Catherine Ferre
Rachel Catherine Hollister
Circumstantial evidence from census, church records, and genealogical records proves the Ferre family traveled to Utah in 1852. Roswell and Rachel are also included in the company report. Her name is written as "R.C. Ferre." Her birth date and death date are confirmed by the inscriptions on her gravestone.
Birth date confirmed by Utah Stake City Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 13 August 1854.
- Age at Departure: 21
- "15th Company of 50 report, 1852 June 23" In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (MS 1234 5, Box 1, Fd. 18)
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- "Dies at Provo," Gunnison Valley News, 4 March 1921, .
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Iowa, County Marriages, 1838-1934
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 100.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Utah Stake City Branch, Record of Members.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.